SEED PATTERN RELEASE: PROJECT FARMER'S MARKET

March 11, 2019


I am very excited to let you know that the Seed pattern is now available to purchase!  (The Seed pattern is currently on sale - no code needed). This pattern has been in the works for a few months and I've only been able to share little snippets of it's details.  For the past four months I have been collaborating with seven other designers to design a spring capsule wardrobe of sewing patterns!  Some months ago, Audrey, the director of Project Run + Play contacted me asking if I would be interested in contributing a pattern to such a collection.  I participated in the sewing competition many years ago now but am one of the several past contestants who have gone on to design PDF sewing patterns for kids. I decided to jump in since I was in great company and knew I would enjoy the enthusiasm and encouragement that a group can bring.  


I, along with Audrey (Project Run + Play), Celina (Petit a petit and family), Jenn (Jennuine Design), Jess (Lil Luxe Collection), Bernadette (Duchess and Hare), Delia (Delia Creates) and Kat (Sew Chibi) bring to you: Project Farmer's Market!  A spring capsule wardrobe pattern collection in the theme of 'Farmer's Market'.  The amazing thing about this collection of patterns is that they were designed to work together as a cohesive wardrobe and compliment each other so well.  Purchasing the whole collection gives you ten patterns and you receive them at 30% off the collective price of all patterns.  You can view the individual patterns in these links: Jonagold JumperSeed pattern, D'Anjou dress, Upbeet tee and dress, Turnip up trousers and shortsIchigo bomber jacket, Banana boat tee, Soleil skirt, Rosemary and Thyme shirts and the Caraway cardigan.  Each of these patterns is discounted by 20% until this Sunday 17th March.  You can also purchase 'mini collections'.  The girls mini collection is on sale for 25% off HERE.  The unisex mini collection is also on sale HERE.
You can see the entire collection and lots of amazing inspiration in the Farmer's Market Look Book here.  The very talented Celina put the look book together and I honestly don't know how she does it!  So much eye candy and all the garments within the book are made with our patterns - including the accessories.  The head scarf you spot many of the girls wearing is a free pattern I made to compliment the collection.  You will receive it upon purchasing the pattern.

                                 

Although these photos don't suit the theme precisely, we are surrounded my farmland and these photos I took of Emily in our backyard turned out better than I hoped.  


In the line drawings you can see all the options offered with the Seed pattern - dress, jumpsuit, shorts or pants in sizes 12MO-12Y. The pattern offers many possibilities.  The jumpsuit and dress can be made sleeveless (finished with bias hems) or with a small flutter sleeve.  A double ruffle can also be added to the bodice.  The neckline is finished with a bias hem and the pattern is unlined making it light to wear.  Pockets can be added for those who can't do without as can elastic in the jumpsuit/shorts and pants hems.  Sizes 12MO-2Y also offer the option of adding snaps to the inner leg seam for easy dressing of the jumpsuit options.  Choices, choices, choices!


The pattern is best suited to lightweight woven fabrics such as rayon (which I have used in this suit), cotton lawn, voile, chambray, cotton poplin, double gauze and lightweight quilting fabric.  Jersey can also be used, however, stretch fabrics with too much weight or stretch are not recommended.


The fabric I used for this suit is some I have been hoarding for a while...A See you at six rayon from their first collection that I purchased a while back at Maai Design.  The drape of this fabric suits the design just as I intended!  


This is my most involved pattern to date.  Lots of options equals lots of work.  I hope it offers a lot of variety and possibilities for those who sew it.  Now head over and pour over the amazing look book and get these wonderful patterns while they're on sale!!!  And a big thank you from me to Audrey, Celina, Delia, Bernadette, Kat, Jenn and Jess for being such a lovely and talented bunch of women to work with!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼