The vegie patch

March 14, 2019

I'm back today to share some more garments I made with the newly released Seed pattern available to purchase through Project Run + Play.  When I opted in to the collaboration, I knew I wanted to create a jumpsuit pattern as it's something I had always wanted to do.  I love jumpsuits - both for women and girls and have enjoyed wearing and making one for myself.  My girls have had store bought jumpsuits in the past but this was the first time I would be making them one.

As the pattern developed, it seemed logical to include both a short and long pants option and then it seemed logical to add a skirt option to create a dress.   Following that, it seemed logical to also offer the shorts and pants on their own!  So, the Seed jumpsuit became the Seed pattern offering jumpsuit, dress, shorts and pants.

When we decided on the theme of Farmer's Market for styling our photos and choosing our fabrics, I pictured my sister and brother in law's fantastic vegetable patch.  My brother in law is a great and inventive gardener so random objects can be found among the plants - an old bed head becomes a frame for climbing beans!



Isabella is wearing the original short suit I actually made for Juliette (so it is a tad short in the legs for her).  I made this one from a cotton poplin that I found at my local fabric shop.  It features the double ruffle at the front and the elasticised leg hems.


Once I'd made all these garments, we headed over to the girls' cousin's house after school one evening.  I followed the girls as they hunted for food around the patch snapping photos as we went.


As I explained in my previous post, the jumpsuit options include separate pattern pieces for little ones to accommodate snaps at the inner leg seam for easy dressing.  My girls have had no complaints about undoing and doing up buttons at toilet times which is great.



Juliette is wearing the long pants option of the jumpsuit without the ruffle - also featuring the elasticised leg hems.  Hers is also made from a cotton poplin.  The weight of the fabric suits the design well.


I love jumpsuits for their playfulness and sweetness and my girls just love wearing them.  The weather is still warm here but when it gets cooler they will look sweet layered with a Caraway cardigan.




Emily is wearing the Seed dress with flutter sleeves.  The skirt is lightly gathered and has pockets.  The fabric I used for this one is a Cloud9 print from my local fabric store.  I love the primary colours against the white.  The head scarf Emily is wearing is a little freebie a designed to accessorise the patterns within the Project Farmer's Market collection.  You can grab your free copy of the Seed head scarf over in the sewpony patterns facebook group here. It comes in three sizes, is super quick to make and really is sweet!  The girls all love wearing the scarves I have made them so far.  






Have you got your bundle yet? You can buy the mini bundle for girls which includes the Seed pattern, or the big bundle which includes all ten amazing patterns.  Of course you can also purchase the Seed pattern on its own.


Keep an eye out on the Project run + play blog this week and next for more freebies from the other lovely designers! You can already check out Delia's gorgeous free coin purse pattern and tutorial here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼