UPBEET TEE AND SEED SHORTS

April 11, 2019


There is currently a pretty awesome sewing contest going on over on Instagram.  You can read all the details here.  In summary, sew up at least one of the patterns from the Project Farmer's Market collection and share at least three photos tagged with #prpdesignercapsulecontest by May 1, and you could win some amazing prizes with a combined value of over $600 USD.  This is what I would have entered if I was allowed!  An Upbeet tee and some Seed shorts.



The Upbeet tee (and dress) pattern is fabulous and was designed by Celina from Petit a Petit and family.  The pattern pieces are very cleverly put together and the first time you sew one you will be scratching your head as to how these strange sleeve pieces are going to work!  It's so cool! This is the second one I've made and I want to make lots more!  A perfect pattern for contrasting two fabrics so that the pattern lines can shine.  I used a remnant of jersey (Wink) that I had in my stash for a long time and some blue and white stretch - both from Spotlight.  Not only is the front of the tee cool, but also the back! There is also a dress version which is lovely.


I made the shorts using my Seed pattern with the head scarf added as waist ties! A simple hack - simply cut two ties along the head scarf fold line and gather them slightly when attaching to the waistband.  I was going to add this as a more official option but since there were already so many options, I left it off.  Obviously you can easily add them yourself.  The shorts fabric has lasted me forever! I have made an Olivia dress for myself and a Twiggy dress for Isabella from it.  


We are nearing the end of our nice weather so the girls are getting their legs out while they can! Emily has vowed to wear this outfit to a birthday party she is invited to tomorrow!


Make sure you get your photos tagged over on IG to be in the running to win the fabulous prizes!! We can't wait to see what you make!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼