TWIGGY SPAM

March 03, 2019


Like many other bloggers, I am a bit slow with my blog posts these days! Instagram has taken over and is just so convenient.  But, I need to share these Twiggy dresses here on the blog and also announce that the pattern is now also available in Dutch!! A big thank you to Nathalie for the translation and to Noortje for proof reading the translation.  You can get your copy of the Dutch Twiggy HERE.  Use the code: TWIGGYRELEASE for 20% off both all patterns until Monday 4 March, 11pm Melbourne time.




I made this dress for Isabella with leftovers from this dress I made myself, and in fact with dresses having a belt, we will be able to twin nicely!! The fabric is a soft tie dyed tencel I bought at Spotlight.  The dress suits such fabrics as this but also fabrics with more body like a light cotton canvas, twill or drill.


Here in Australia I have found that these belt buckles are quite hard to find so I was very excited to find this one and a royal blue one at the op shop last week.  I always check out the haberdashery supplies at any op shop I enter.  I often find cool buttons, bias binding, zips, etc.  Buttons are also an expensive commodity from any fabric store so I am always happy to bulk up my button stash from op shop finds.


Isabella is ten and half now and can be more discerning with what she will wear.  I think this style suits older girls well.  For this version I sewed the regular dress and added the full belt.


The next dress I am sharing is a pretty green floral one I made for Emily.  This one has the square collar, horizontal bodice seam and button tab.  The belt buckle was an op shop find from years ago.


I used some pretty coral piping from Maaidesign.  I love her piping so much and it's really cheap too!  This floral was from my sister when she was clearing out her fabric stash.  It feels like a brushed winter cotton and is nice and soft.
  



The last dress I am sharing today is the first Twiggy I made one year ago!  It's made from vintage cotton that I received from an old work colleague.  I added mustard piping and vintage cream buttons.  



I have two more Twiggy dresses to show you over the next few weeks!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼