Poppy doll number four

March 24, 2011


I have now made four "Poppy" dolls (by Hop Skip Jump). The latest doll on the right is for a friend's baby and is pictured here with her friends at the Collingwood children's farm.


Jemima was made with a creamy yellow wool I purchased from Rathdowne Remnants. Her hair is a chocolate brown velvet and her cheeks are made with suede. I made her little dress and bloomers from some leftovers from Indianna's quilt.  The dress skirt is made of calico with a purple ribbon trim. These dolls have been so much fun to make.  It is a joy to see their little faces come together and to make their sweet outfits, but most of all to know they will be loved and cherished by some special little girls.


You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Love her little knickers! They are all gorgeous dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little rosy cheeks... and the undies. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me to pull out my patterns from Fiona and give this doll a try. Love the ribbon trimmed bloomers - a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw - they are so lovely. Love the knickers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fabric dolls and yours are super cute! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so wonderful!!! ADORABLE!!! I love, love them! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, love the bodice on Jemima :-) gorgeous fabric

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute :) I even want one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! I love her little bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Love your book bag from earlier in the week too. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just so gorgeous, Suz. They are the classic little rag doll and I simply love them. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're lovely, well done. Last easter I made Hop Skip Jump's bunnies for my kids and they loved them - they're such great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing Suz... well done!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, these are too perfect. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's sweet! I do want to make one myself one day...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love these dolls and her little knickers- what fabric is that? gorgeous - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼