It's a green thing

April 14, 2011



This is 'Esmeralda' the latest softie I have made.  She will be given to Juliette in a few weeks time for her first birthday.  She was inspired by her cousin, Coccinelle who jumped in a post bag today over to Christchurch to join her friends through Leonie at Kiwi at Heart.
  



I managed to get a photo of them together before they said their goodbyes...


The body fabric of Esmeralda is this gorgeous and quaint floral fabric I bought at Fragrant Cottage a sweet quilting store in my hometown of Warrnambool.  Unfortunately, after 25 years in business, the shop is closing down.  On the bright side, this fabric was on sale.  There will be 50 % off everything in the store by the time I get home for easter so I am looking forward to some time in there on my own, child free!  Her face and arms are made from wool felt.  Linen and pink suede face detail.


I feel like I am neglecting Juliette a bit on this blog as most of the clothes I have posted have been for her big sister.  This is mainly because Juliette is still wearing gifts and hand me downs and is not in as much need for clothes as Isabella ( although I am planning on making her a few things for her birthday). So here is a cute snap of her wearing a little green cardi made with love by her Grandma.  Love the change in season and the need for the winter woolies!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Those bunnies are the sweetest things!

    The second child always gets the hand-me-downs. Doesn't make them any less stylish or loved. It just makes them more eco-friendly!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fabulous. You've inspired me to pull out my softie patterns and make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the freckles..gives them character

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esmeralda is beautiful, the kids will love it! I am visiting from Aussie Mummy Bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼